Saturday, May 16, 2015

13.1 Miles....Half Marathon....oh Lord she's crazy

So I've decided to start my fitness/running blog with the BIGGEST milestone for me. Half Marathon.  I know how crazy right !! The girl who 2 1/2 yrs ago had trouble running for 3 minutes straight just ran for 2 hrs 57 minutes and some change. Holy crap !!!
When we moved to Colorado in October I was 2 weeks shy of the Everett Half Marathon and I felt I was ready...ish. I'd been training with a gal online and sometimes Carleeh would run with me. Then we moved anwell end of that Half Marathon dream . The first day in Colorado and I decided to go for a run. Here's how it went:
Put on shoes
stretch
walk to end of block
start Map My Run
run to end of next block
DIE !!!
Seriously I ran like 30 feet and wanted to die . What the heck ?!?! Then it hit me...elevation.  biggest forehead slap moment ever. I felt so defeated. I was ready..ish for 13.1 miles less then 2 weeks ago and now I can't make it down the block, for reals ? I literally had to start at ground zero. I was back to the C25K program and dieing at a quarter mile. This sucked. Long story short, I stuck with it, found my MOJO and slowly things clicked, I acclimated and was running again. Really running.
I joined a few locall running groups on Facebook  ( got to love FB ) and met up with a few runners at a couple runs. Enter Colfax Half Marathon.  I heard what a great race it was, how fast, flat a fun it was so of course ...I signed up . I got this, 31.1 no problem.  I talked Brittni into running with me. Poor girl just started running in December with me and here I am talking her into a Half Marathon.  She's definitely my kind of crazy right there . So let the training begin.  Did I have a plan ? Well not exactly.  I was running daily and doing 2 long runs a week usually Thursday and Sunday with Brittni. We added a mile each week to our Sunday run and before to long we hit 10 miles. 13.1 piece of cake.
Brittni had an injury and took a week off, I pushed on training with my new running friends from MRTT ( Moms Run This Town ) usually pushing G in the buggy . 31.1 I am going to own you on May 17th 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment