Sunday, October 4, 2015

Denver Hot Chocolate

Denver Hot Chocolate race day is here. I applied to be an ambassador for this race and was actually chosen. I was pretty excited but then in the end it sort of sucked. They had 8 of us in the Denver area and 6 of us are members of MRTT and lived right in the same area . Made it tough to get your 50 registrations under your name for your free race. Being that I was so new here, I had a really hard time and in fact most of my registrations came from postcards I put on car windows at random race events. I was 2 away from the free race and got lucky when Josiah told me he would comp my race anyway. Thank you Josiah . Would I do the ambassador part again ? Nope. It's a super fun race and I always have a blast but the ambassadorship isn't really my cup a tea on this one. It's a for profit race and all about the money. They give out random discount codes meanwhile the ambassadors are busting butt to try and make the 50 person quota. Just makes it frustrating. Will I do this race again? Heck yes !! I love it. The atmosphere is amazing, the swag is super awesome, the food is delicious and the friends are priceless. Maybe next year I can talk the kids into the race with me. I also helped out at the expo and definitely would do that again. 

I ended up running with my friend Melanie. Thankfully she drove us down there. It's in downtown Denver and we all know how me and cities don't mesh well . She is used to driving there and knows her way around AND has a car rather than the dang bus. We managed rock star parking ( a block away for $5... no way !! ) and the weather was perfect. I did this race in Seattle last year and will say Denver did it better. The marshmallow stops, the chocolate stops, the crowds and race support.. absolutely awesome. I only had 1 marshmallow ( strawberry ) at mile 4 and a piece of chocolate at mile 6 AND regretted them both .. ugh why did I do that . Note to self... always indulge AFTER the race . 

Token MRTT meet up picture. I love that at every race I met someone new . It's also fun to put names to faces and then we can cheer each other on when we see them out on the course. Melanie and I actually played leap frog with Herdis ( Purple shirt 2nd row on the right ) the whole race so that was loads of fun. 


Melanie and I going to find our coral spots 

Bling and treats well earned . 

Seriously look at this delicious stuff 

Bling, chocolate and post race banana.. perfect 

Anything over 5 miles always leaves me FREEZING when I'm done. So it's always nice to come home to a HOT bath with usually fruit and a good book . 

My race jewelry. I always run with my Road ID because you just never know what will happen. I also always have my Momentum Jewelry on . This one was actually a gift from my friend Carleeh for my first half marathon in May and I love it. That little reminder that I can do pretty much anything I set my mind to. Thanks for that Carleeh . 

No comments:

Post a Comment