Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Oh dear ASICS it's time to say goodbye

I'm pretty sure I know why my legs have been sore lately post runs. My shoes are toast. My insoles are toast too. I'll be the first to say I'm HORRIBLE at replacing my shoes when I should. I have plenty of reasons as to why.  I can't afford them every 3 months, we are a family of 5 on a single income,  I have 3 growing boys who eat me out of house and home for the most part. Seriously I could continue with reasons all day long. Well I finally made time and found funds to buy new shoes. 
I headed to Road Runners and walked out with some Brooks Glycerin in hot pink. Oh how pretty.  I ran in them for a week and hated them.  First off they measured me at a 9 . I haven't worn a size 9 since 6th grade!!! I ended up leaving with a size 10 and they just felt way to tight.  My last long run in them had the ends of my toes throbbing from hitting the ends of the shoes.  Yes they needed to go back and I needed a bigger pair of shoes. 
I went back to Road Runners and took advantage of the 90 day love em guarantee.  I tried the brooks in a size up and then asked for the ASICS Gel Nimbus 18 in my size.  I keep trying to find my dream shoe. I ended up taking the ASICS.  Well by taking I mean ordering the ASICS since they didn't have the color I wanted in my size.  Hopefully they come today or tomorrow.  

My insoles have clearly seen better days..
 These babies have so many miles on them. 
 Holes everywhere 


 And the soles are literally falling apart.. yikes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment